- Supervise mechanical supervisors and mechanical technicians.
- Provide technical assistance and support to both mechanical supervisors and technicians.
- Understand tasks and objectives of the General Foreman and provide necessary support to drive those actions in the field.
- Provide guidance to General Foreman on opportunities and challenges and have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Reduce unplanned equipment maintenance through effective planning and proactive assessment of issues.
- Provide support to all maintenance work groups.
- Increase reliability and availability of plant equipment through effective management of resources.
- Plan and utilize available resources to maximize productivity
- Ensure that maintenance works are carried out under safe conditions.
- Interact with purchasing and stores to ensure that parts, supplies and resources are available to accomplish work assignment within in a timely manner.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
- Plan, Schedule and Supervise Mechanical work as required, including:
- Breakdown tasks and resources.
- Planned tasks and resources.
- Corrective tasks and resources.
- Shutdown tasks and resources.
- Determine shutdown critical path activities and plan resources to ensure works are completed timely and expected quality is achieved.
- Contractor management including work orders, service orders and tracking purchases to ensure that preferred suppliers of labor and materials are used and rates adhered.
- Ensure statutory requirements are met.
- Comply with the Mine Regulation Act and Regulations clauses that apply to your work area.
- Build, develop and manage mechanical team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Position is located in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal.
- Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, hazardous materials, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.